Senior industrial designer based in Phoenix, AZ
As an industrial designer, I am the facilitator of a wide range of products from concept to production. Focusing on the needs of the user I strive to create a balance between form and function to develop meaningful user experiences and innovative solutions to all types of challenges.
Specialties: Industrial Design, Engineering, Manufacturing, 3D Modeling, User Interface Design, Branding and Identity, Marketing, 3D Printing, Human Factors, User Experience Design, Graphic Design and Project Management
Product design and development company that works with companies and entrepreneurs to bring a wide range of consumer products to market. When approached with a new product idea, I research existing market competitors and consumer desires to develop exciting new products to reshape or create new markets.
• Led the design and development of a new at home water treatment system that is currently in the manufacturing stage
• 3D modeled and created 30+ consumer products all currently close to production or in production
• Drafted project timelines, BOMs and manufacturing drawings
• Created captivating photo-realistic renderings and animations that have helped secure millions in funding for clients products and stand out against the competition
Designing user experiences with augmented reality for Snapchat and Facebook social media platforms. I lead the design team creating AR effects for HBO, Sony, Snapchat, Hilarity for Charity and many more.
Teaching Introduction to Computer Modeling and Advanced Surface Modeling classes at ASU.
• Produced video tutorials to teach Solidworks and Keyshot online and in person
Water treatment and renewable fuel oils production company that pioneers evolutionary technology. Through my research and design, I advanced three of the company's focal equipment offerings to the quality standards at the top of the industry.
• Led the design and development of RDX's pilot water treatment system that is currently treating water from national companies to municipalities in Africa
• 3D modeled and ran stress and flow simulations increasing safety and reducing material and labor costs
• Drafted project timelines, BOMs and manufacturing drawings from 1000+ part assemblies
© Dan Allen 2020